Friday, January 9, 2009

Life As a Double Agent

My lips are bruised and my tongue is sore after forgetting what willpower is and how it once drove me. 

Now I drive to the top of parking structures for late night meetings away from the prying eyes of her and her and him. 

Slinking back home with overbrushed teeth and unbrushed hair, still smelling of the cigarettes I didn't smoke. 

Shedding a piece of clothing for every step I take inside the silent apartment... 

The skirt she had around my waist... 
The shirt she traced the seams of, sliding it off my shoulders with a flick...
The ballet flats that stayed on the pavement when we found our way into her car... 

Until I slide naked under the covers, daring you to find the evidence, grateful for the darkness hiding the fingerprints, the bite marks & the blush still on my face. 

No comments: